Thank you from all of us
We want to express our appreciation for your generosity in giving to help bereaved families. Your personal contribution is incredibly helpful and is allowing us to reach our goal. Your assistance means so much to us but even more to those families in need. Thank you from all of us.
The SAGI Family
Why is it important that we donate? Here are just 5 good reasons:
- Help other people – there are millions of people in the world who are worse of than we are at any one time. Many of these folk have problems that are not their fault or are beyond their ability to prevent or change. Humans are a social animal and the best way for mankind to advance is by helping those who are unable to help themselves. We have a responsibility to care for other people, to help those less fortunate than ourselves. When we have some spare cash, time or goods, it is an opportunity to help out.
- Make a difference – donating to charity is the perfect opportunity to make a difference in the world. By making a difference to someone’s life, you are leaving behind a legacy. You are making a statement that your life was worthwhile because you made a contribution to society.
- Feel good – medical and scientific research has proven beyond doubt that giving to other people makes you feel good. The feeling of satisfaction you get when you help someone else is hard to replicate with any other type of activity or endeavor. People who give feel happier, are less anxious and suffer less depression than those who don’t. Better health is enjoyed by those who donate their time, expertise or money to others who are in need. Charitable people tend to be able to cope with their own problems more easily than those who don’t donate. Giving to others improves your self-esteem, self confidence and self worth. This advantage flows into all areas of your life so you will find that you are more confident at work and in social situations.
- Support a cause you believe in – different charities touch the heart of different people. If you are passionate about something or believe that a certain area is important, you will be able to support that cause by donating to charity. You might be passionate about every child having access to a good education; that nobody should live in poverty in the 21st century; that everyone should be able to experience music or art. Whatever you believe in or are passionate about, you will be able to further the cause through donations to charity.
- Meet new people – donations to charity give you the opportunity to met new people and expand your circle of acquaintances. This is especially true when you donate your time or expertise to a worthy cause. While most charitable organizations always need money, many could not operate without an army of volunteers. Whether you give up your time one day a week to serve meals, give a few hours a day to sit with the elderly or travel overseas to help build houses, you will certainly meet many like-minded people along the way. As well as being potential friends, who knows where these new relationships will take you and how these new people might be able to help you in the future?
So shed any doubts you have about why donations to SAGI are so important and offer your time or money to a cause you believe in. Many other people will benefit but you will also benefit in so many ways.